East Wittering Community Primary School
Over the last few years there has been much greater public awareness of the dangers to children if they aren’t protected properly – every day there are examples of children being hurt, neglected or mistreated.
All children have the right to be protected from harm.
We, at East Wittering School, have an overriding responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in our care. All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly.
All staff and volunteers working at the school have a responsibility to report concerns to the designated member of staff.
We work in partnership with other agencies like the Health Authority, Social Services and the police to identify, assess, and support children who are, or who may be, suffering harm.
Because our first concern must be the well-being of your child, there may be occasions when we have to consult other agencies before we contact you. The procedures we have to follow have been laid down in accordance with the Local Authority Child Protection Procedures.
Designated Officer for Child Protection: Mrs Sue Parker, Headteacher
Deputy Designated Officer for Child Protection: Mrs Carol Garrett, Deputy Headteacher
Designated Governor for Child Protection: Mr Stuart Blunden, Chair of Governors
- Areas of safeguarding are also covered in the school's policies including:
- Acceptable Use Policy (including E Safety, Digital and Social Media)
- Anti-bullying, Behaviour & Discipline
- Attendance, Removal from Roll, Missing Children in Education
- Child Protection (incl. Management of allegations against staff & Recording Policy)
- Drugs and Substance Misuse
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- First Aid (including management of medical conditions, intimate care)
- Health and Safety (including school security)
- Off-site Activities
- Recruitment and Selection
- Use of Reasonable Force
- Use of Photographs/Video
- Whistle Blowing (Confidential Reporting Policy)
School policies are published on the school web-site; hard copies may also be obtained from the school office.
|Safeguarding Policy September 2017||[pdf 215KB]|